Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm going to need a toddy to watch this....

Yesterday,
when College Gameday came on
it made me want to be in Oxford SO badly.

I kept me season tickets
but sold them all as individual tickets
since we live SO far away.

Watching the Rebels play
(and lose)
is so much harder when you don't have the Grove
to retreat to afterwards!

I'm getting a bit fed up with Houston Nutt
and his predictable play calling.

In order for OleMiss to ever have a winning season again
Houston's gonna have to hang it up
(and force Pete Boone out too while you're are it)
and bring in some young blood
who isn't afraid to take some chances.

Tennessee, Flordia, Mississippi State are all programs on the rise
with young, energetic coaches.

Alabama, South Carolina, LSU are just good, solid teams
with amazingly talented old guy coaches.

Arkansas, Georgia and Auburn will have some bad games throughout the year
but all in all will come out atleast with 6 wins this season.

OleMiss is now at the bottom of the list with
Kentucky and Vanderbilt
and that is EMBARRASSING.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the SEC
volunteered OleMiss's spot in the SEC to Texas A&M.
Seriously, I'm being super dramatic
but after last season it's hard to still wear my
red and blue!

Last year was the most embarrassing season
of Rebel history
and it feels like we are on the same road again this season.

I sure hope yesterday was just a flook
but only time will tell.

An interesting observation,
last year was our first full season without Col Rebel
(he was banned from the Grove, stadium, etc)
and replaced with a Black Bear.
I would say by the looks of our record,
the black bear ain't welcome in Oxford!

Here's to a l o n g and hopefuly winning season
of OleMiss football.

Hotty Toddy!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment