Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We stayed pretty busy
(what else is new!)
this Labor Day weekend.

Friday night we headed to Abilene
so Blake could work on teh fence Saturday.

I hung out
and watched football all day
while he labored away in the sweltering heat.

That evening,
after the Rebels embarrassing loss,
we headed back to Lubbock
so that BEG could use the
long weekend to study.

We woke up Sunday morning to the most pleasant surprise...
wet pavement and 50 degree temps!!

Yes,
not only had it rained throughout the night
but the temperature dropped about 40 degrees.

We opened all the windows and doors,
turned off the ac
and
welcomed fall with open arms!!!

We woke up today
to the same wonderful temperatures.
Blake laughs at me,
but the mornings are really chilly.

Because today was a holiday
and the cooler temps have me pretty cold at some points,
I decided to use it to switch out my closet
and put out my fall decorations.
(I realize I'm about 10 days early
but I just can't resist with the cooler weather.)

RHETT and george henry have
LOVED
the cooler weather
and have spent 32 of the last 48 hours
laying in the yard
enjoying this cooler weather.


We hope everyone had a wonderful, relaxing
Labor Day weekend!

Have a good week.
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment