Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

I keep us pretty busy around here,
which I like,
but I must say that at this very moment
I am
EXHAUSTED!!

On to our weekend:

Blake picked up a flyer for the Buddy Holly musical,
somewhere,
and I stuck it on our bullentin board in hopes of going to see it.

We went this last Friday.
If you are a Lubbock local
or live anywhere within driving distance
Blake and I both would HIGHLY recommend going to see it.

It was fantastic.

Lots and lots of music
by Buddy, the Big Bopper and Richie Valens.

It was quite surreal that the show took place
in the Lubbock High auditorium,
Buddy's alma mater.

Before the show,
they asked if anyone in attendance had gone to school with Buddy.
A man and woman both stood up.

Pretty crazy to think that he would still be alive
and the music industry would still have some decent music
if those 3 hadn't gotten on that plane February 3.

Saturday night Blake's favorite,
Reckless Kelly,
was playing at a local college bar
welcoming all the co-eds back.

We thought it would be crazy crowded
but thankfully it was bid night
so it was perfect for us old folks!

We started the night at Manna Bread and Wine
with some fellow Shreveporters turned Lubbockians,
Cam and April McCartney
and then headed over to Wild West.

We had a wonderful time
but stayed out WAY past our bedtimes.

I didn't get out of bed Sunday until 1pm
and felt awful ALL day long.

I'm learning the hard way
that although I live in a college town
I can't hang with them like I used too!!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment