Tuesday, January 11, 2011

YAY RHETT!!!

Contrary to what he believed, RHETT actually survived his first day of staying in the room while we went to work.
I refused to let him go with us today. The weather was FREEZING (17 degrees) and I wasn't willing to take the Jeep (heater doesn't work) so that he could be more comfortable (the Tahoe has bucket seats so he can't lay down.)

When we came back for lunch the message light on our phone was blinking and I just knew it was the front desk telling us he had barked the entire time we were gone. Well, it was in fact the front desk but they were telling us that we had mail, whew!!

So we are making progress!!!

As cold as it is, he behaves so much better when I exercise him everyday. I cut his walks short when we first got here because it is so windy and cold but he showed me who was boss by acting like a BRAT!! So BEG and I bundle up and take him on a 3 mile (feels like 15 miles with 20 mph winds in your face) walk around the hotel premises and he is back to his old self (plus it's good exercise for us.) He really enjoys the brisk, cold air (unlike his momma) and the newness of all the smells (unlike his momma again!) but I'm convinced his walks are why he is acting/sleeping better so I will continue to bundle up to ensure I get a good night's sleep and no phone calls from the front desk!!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment