Friday, January 14, 2011

Clarification

A couple of people have asked my momma questions because they are a little confused about BEG and I's situation; (to be quite honest, we are too but we just go with it!) So I'll clarify the best I can about what has, is and will happen with us!

Right after our wedding in May, BEG and I started discussing the topic of him going back to school to seek a Petroleum Engineering or Geology degree if he had intentions of staying in the Oil and Gas industry (which he does.) So he applied to Texas Tech's Petroleum Engineering program and we waited until he got accepted to decide what we were going to do.

The second week of September he received a letter in the mail congratulating him on his acceptance into their program!! We were thrilled and immediately began taking the steps we needed to tie up loose ends in Shreveport for the move to Lubbock in June (house on the market, etc.)

About 5-7 days later, I was let go (BEG and I worked together) along with 25-30 other people at our company due to 4th quarter budget cuts for many oil and gas companies. This made us realize for certain that the decision we were making for him to go back to school was the right one for us. When all of this happened, our boss told us both that he would do his absolute best to find me work again in the new year once the new budgets were out.

Well he was true to his word! Chris asked Blake the Monday before Christmas if we would be interested in moving to El Paso as they had a new project coming up and he would be able to hire me back and we could go together. BEG called me and I agreed. By Monday afternoon we didn't know if it was going to happen anymore (and to be completely honest, I was a little bummed out!) When BEG got to the office Tuesday morning, Chris told him plans had changed. We were needed in Midland and work started Monday the 26th. BEG called me and I immediately panicked but agreed. We were heading to Abilene the next day (Wednesday) for Christmas and were having a Christmas gathering at our house that night (Tuesday) and we had only been home for 2 nights from a week long ski trip to Jackson Hole, WY.....ahhh.....I had no idea what was happening but if I meant I got a paycheck and our family could stay together than I was okay with it.

So we packed our bags and headed to Abilene for Christmas on Wednesday. Sunday we drove to Dallas where we caught a Southwest flight to Midland, rented a car and drove 1.5 hours further west to Pecos, Texas where we stayed for the next 4 days working. We flew back to Dallas Friday, drove to Shreveport, had Christmas with my family, celebrated the New year, undecorated our house, packed our bags and pets and headed out Sunday morning for the 10 hour trek back to Midland. And that brings you up to date with us.

The current project we are working on should have us here until at least June 1 when BEG will quit his job and head up to Lubbock for summer school and I will go where ever I can find work (hopefully in Lubbock but might have to stay in Midland for a little while, thankfully it's only a 2 hour drive!)

Hope this explains a little bit better what has, had, is happening currently, or will happen to you. I was as serious as I could be in my opening paragraph that literally everyday is a new day in this business so we are just taking it one day at a time!

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment