Sunday, January 16, 2011

Caddie Mae


Bizzy doing what she does best...shopping online (note the wallet to her right)
Caddie Mae is always up to something, hence "Bizzy"

So with the full distinguishment of my inaugural post, I'm turning the camera on the cameraman[woman], so to speak. Since you all have been privy to our world through her eyes, you can now share in what it's like to experience our world from a different perspective.
I can't recall all of her sentiments she has shared with regard to our new circumstances out here in West Texas but I am certain that she will grow to love my part of the world as it is hard to leave this place without having acquired an affinity for it. Absence makes the heart grow fonder so I'll report back when we're at our next destination and she reflects upon all the things she will then be missing. As you all know, Bizzy is an incredible person always with a wonderful heart and attitude regardless of the situation; afterall, that's why I married the girl (at least in part). She's made the time out here enjoyable and has made the most of it as we've already done some of the things that we do for fun out here (i.e.: drive-in, bowling, etc.), so I think we'll make it memorable and take full advantage of being in this part of the world.

So now I'd like to share what I've learned so far about girls in my 8 months of marital bliss. In order to do so and convey a complete picture, I'll first share the fact that I am foremost a private person and not at all comfortable in social settings where there are a lot of people; my element is in the one-on-one or even behind a pen or keyboard. Also private in that I prefer not to share a lot of personal things with anyone except my family and Caddie Mae. Now juxtapose that understanding with these two things: this blog is very very public and my bride is a very social person. To deal, I just am focusing on the fact that this will be a good documentary for the public aspect of our lives and I'm glad that this is a very good medium for her to share with every one of her friends and loved ones so you all can know what we're up to. All that to say being out here where we don't know anyone is quite therapeutic for me. We get to lean on and rely on only one another and the pace of life is very much ideal, for me at least. I digress.

So the two main things that I've learned about girls so far: they use a lot of toilet paper. I don't get it. Why pull off 3 feet of toilet paper every time you go to the bathroom? Oh well; it just doesn't make sense to me. Secondly, given 60+ channels of television, girls will pick the absolute worst programming out of the entire menu of channels. It would be like being given 5 different programs available to watch and prioritizing them; well, Bizzy's 1-5 would correspondingly be my 5-1. It's uncanny!

So I guess that's all I've got for now. I hope you enjoyed my perspective and hope that I did not come across as begrudging or complaining because I could not be happier sharing 500 square feet with 2 animals that somehow continuously shed hair and a beautiful woman that is the kindest and most precious person I know.

Life is good.
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment