Sunday, January 30, 2011

Whew

It's been a whirl wind around here lately! I journeyed out of Midland last weekend/week to spend sometime with my family and left BEG at the hotel with the pets. BEG has asked that I never leave him with our furry children (or real ones for that matter whenever we have them) for 7 days ever again!! =) Their "dudes week" started out adventuresome but grew tiresome by about day 4, or so I've been told!

I flew out last Friday headed to Jackson, MS where my parents picked me up at the airport and we continued east to Tupelo for Rebecca and Tom's baby shower. It was a lot of fun seeing them, some close family friends and my cousin and his fiance. We headed out Sunday morning en route to Shreveport for a couple of days. It was great being home, if only for a brief moment! I ate lots of sushi, Superior and Petroleum Club so it was definitely a successful trip on the meal side!! I was able to pack up some more clothes and random things that BEG and I need in West Texas and clean the house good since we left in such a hurry last time. I also got my hair cut; LOTS of hair cut!!! I love it but it is SOOOOO short (I'll post a pic later.)

Wednesday morning Momma and I headed to Dallas to eat some more and shop a bit. It was a nice little getaway. We stayed with mom's childhood friend and enjoyed catching up with Bunny and her husband. After an hour and a half delay, my flight finally left Friday evening headed back to Midland. It was SO good to see all my men again. I think they missed me as much as I missed them (or at least I hope they did!)

Blake and I got news the Thursday before I left that we would be moving to Lubbock immediately. We decided that BEG would just make the drive the week I was gone and we would move once I got back into town. Since Lubbock is our end destination anyway we had decided to go ahead and get a rent house instead of living in the Residence Inn because that is beginning to take it's toll on everyone here!! So we got up Saturday morning and headed to Lubbock. After looking at many houses online and a few in the flesh and weaving all through Tech Terrace we found a winner yesterday afternoon and we are thrilled. It is a precious 2 bedroom, 1 bath with a red door and an open floor plan. It also has a BIG backyard with a new fence for RHETT and george. I have been told that it is on the "prime" street in the "prime" neighborhood so I am thrilled that 1) we found it 2) we liked it & it would fit all of our needs 3) it fit our budget. It's 2 blocks from campus and 1 block from Tech Terrace Park so perfectly located for our needs!

We are planning to head to Shreveport (again) this Thursday to pack up our furniture that we need and head back west Saturday (we have to be all moved in by Sunday evening so we can watch the SuperBowl) to move into our cute little home for the next 3.5 years!! So if you ever find yourself out west, please give us a call we would love to have you!!!

1 busy week down, another to go and then I think we might calm down just in time for miserably cold weather!

Have a good week.
CMG

1 comment:

  1. Catherine,

    1. I love your hair cut!! Soo cute! I believe that is the shortest I have ever seen it.

    2. So glad to hear that you found a place that suits your needs while in Lubbock! Soo happy for y'all. Let's chat again once things settle down for y'all! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete