Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sandhills Stockshow & Rodeo

So I experienced my 1st Texas Rodeo last night! Blake and I heard on the radio the other day that 2011's first rodeo was taking place this weekend in Odessa and we thought it would be fun and different so we called and bought tickets (our tickets were supposed to cover a free concert by Casey Donahue after the rodeo but when we got there they told us our particular tickets didn't cover the concert,boo.) I figured we would be a little out of place but we were A LOT out of place!! We had no bedazzeled or bejeweled anything, no Ed Hardy or Affliction and no cowboy hats or belt buckles but we still had fun. Below are some photos we took; some aren't that great but enjoy!!

Bareback Riding
Mutton Bustin'
(there's a kiddo riding a sheep..look close)
Steer Wrestling
Team Tie Down Roping
(exclusive to the Sandhills Rodeo)
Tie Down Roping
still trying to catch the calf.....
still Tie Down Roping
un-tying the calf
Calf Scramble...hilarious!!!
kids trying to catch a calf
apparently a lot harder than it looks
FINALLY got one!
Saddle Bronc
Barrel Racing (ladies only)

I know nothing about Rodeo's but there were a few famous people there last night (or so I was told!) The NFR in Vegas is like the Olympics for cowboys and some of the guys last night have qualified for the NFR multiple times. I will say even though I know nothing about what happened last night, some of the cowboys were pretty impressive!!

Until our next adventure...
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment