Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update

Well we have officially made it to the 48 hour mark and everyone is still alive and breathing!! George is adapting just fine (see photo below) to the hotel as long as he is in the room.
I thought maybe he would want to run around in the hallway this afternoon and fetch is ball but he freaked out and took off sprinting down the hall. Blake came out of the room to help me catch him leaving RHETT in the room and that is a whole other story. RHETT has not quite adapted as I had hoped he would. We know he has severe separation anxiety but the last 48 hours has been a little extreme. When we left to go to breakfast yesterday morning he started freaking out barking, scratching on the door, etc. He finally calmed down but does this every time we leave him in the room so...........he now goes with us everywhere we go. Ridiculous I know but we aren't left with much of an option because he can't carry on and disrupt the other guests at the hotel. So he literally sits in the car all day with the windows cracked while Blake and I are at work. Hopefully sooner rather than later he will realize that we will continue to return to the hotel everyday and that sitting in the car all day is pretty terrible.

We got a nice little surprise on the way to work this morning....George W's birthplace! I'm such a nerd and made Blake drive back by again b/c I didn't have my camera the first time we stumbled upon it (I'm learning quickly to take my camera everywhere because you never know what you might see out here.) I thought that I would share these pictures as I feel certain that no one I know will ever see it in person because 1)Midland is not somewhere people would ever want to vacation too and 2)Midland is on the way to no where that anyone would ever want to vacation too!




Hope everyone is having a great week!!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment