Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Since my parents and Blake's were out of town this weekend,
we decided to celebrate Mother's Day just the Garrett kids! And we had a ball!!

Jill came to visit us this weekend inbetween jobs.
She finished up in Houston and is headed to Texarkana next week.
All we seemed to do all weekend was eat and run errands, ha!
She got in Saturday morning and we ran errands all day.
Bless her heart, she didn't know what she was getting into with us
but we somehow manage to rack up quite a list of "to dos" for the weekends.
We ate some yummy hamburgers at Five Guys for lunch and they were delicious!
We went to church and then
she and I went to go see "Something Borrowed" Saturday night
while Blake watched the boxing match with the boys.
Sunday we went to the neighbors pool and laid out all afternoon and napped.
It was wonderful!
I am so excited for it to be pool season
and that our neighbors/landlords have a pool that they let us use!!!
My sunscreen applicator (Blake)
missed a few spots on me around my bathing suit
so I am purple, literally purple,
and in quite a bit of pain after 3 solid hours of laying out (thinking I was blocked up)
but it's nothing a little time won't heal.
We woke up Monday,
ran more errands,
ate at Genghi's Grill (my new favorite spot)
and then Jill left to head to Abilene.
We had a wonderful weekend with Jill and hopes she comes back soon!

Next on the docit was graduation from Financial Peace University.
We have really enjoyed this 13 week course
and learned SO MUCH valuable information.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone
whether you think you have your finances under control or not.
The only fool is the one who thinks he knows everything =)
Ha, we obviously we not ready for the first picture.
Posing with our graduation certficate
And lastly this weekend I finally got some plants for my pots!
I have been dying to plant some pretty flowers
but with us on the road every week they would die due to lack of water.
Well, now that we are back in Lubbock I got some Annuals
and even better they were $.98 a piece!!
They are really blooming and thank goodness
b/c this stupid wind keeps blowing the flowers off =/
We hope everyone had a relaxing and productive weekend!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment