Sunday, May 22, 2011

Abilene

We loaded up the Jeep
(pets included)
and headed to Abilene for the weekend.

They are the such good travel buddies!
We didn't have anything big on the agenda for the weekend;
just a quick trip before Blake starts school next week.

We got in Friday evening
and went to Casa Herrera for supper.
We don't eat out much at all anymore
and haven't had Mexican food in ages so it was delicious,
as usual,
but extra delicious this time!
After supper we went home
and Blake whipped ours rear-ends in Rummy Cube, jerk!
I'm still a little bitter if you can't tell.
I think he cheated =)

We got up early Saturday morning
and headed to the Country Club for breakfast before the guys played golf at 9.
I wasn't going to play,
as I was certain I would need a nap having gotten up so early,
but I decided to hang around for 9 holes.
I did my usual, tee off and pick up my ball.
I was having a few good hits
but nothing great until
hole #8.
I had the drive of my life.
I hit the ball 175 yards
and it landed on the green!!!!!!!
And I must add that I out drove all 5 men that were playing.....

Blake obviously forgot to wear sunscreen :/
After 9 holes,
I went back to the house and took RHETT for a walk around the neighborhood.
The guys finished up golf
and Blake, Mary Lou and I
went to a few antique shops in search of a bench for ML
but didn't have any luck.

We then headed down to the farm.
I like going to the country; it's so peaceful.
We were almost there when Blake spotted his uncle's truck
and smoke on the side of the road.
We pulled over to find Jim and a fire!!!
He had already called 911 so we were just waiting for them to arrive.
RHETT was not too sure about the trucks once they arrived,
poor guy.
It is SO scary how easily these fires start
and how quick they move!!!

Once the fire was out we went on to Papa's to visit with him for awhile.
He is giving away old quilts.
Blake and I managed to sneak away with 4
and our name on a few other things around the house!

Once we got back home,
we ate supper
and made homemade chocolate ice cream, yum!

Oh and I almost forgot,
Friday we went and picked up Blake's much anticipated boots.
He ordered these back 6-8 months ago.
They turned out just like he invisioned,
thank goodness =)

I've been told you can NEVER have too many boots...........
I don't get it.
Must be a west Texas thing.

Hope everyone has a good week!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment