Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras

(Please excuse the fact that I'm a day late with this post)!
I really start to miss Louisiana this time of year when I am not living there. Short of Washington, D.C. (which has one of the most elaborate and fun Mardi Gras celebrations) this is the furthest from Louisiana I have EVER been. And it makes me sad =(
So trying to share as much Mardi Gras spirit as I could I decided to take own the "Homemade King Cake" again this year. It was delicious as usual and so fun to make (although quite time consuming)!

There were no parades, or beads, or beer drinking or celebrating yesterday. It was quite sad for this Louisiana girl. Oh well, I'll get back to New Orleans one of these years or at least Shreveport for a parade.

I hear I'm in for a real treat in May......Cinco de Mayo. That appears to be the BIG celebratory holiday that is celebrated out here in the west, lovely!

Happy Ash Wednesday!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment