Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 days

Have you decided what you are going to give up for Lent this year??

Blake and I discussed it yesterday and decided on a few things.
1. We have found ourselves (sadly) falling behind on our daily readings in the UpperRoom and the Bible. There are no excuses for it and we are going to use Lent to get back in a schedule of reading the Word that works for us.
2. Blake decided that he was going to give up sweets. I try and keep my Lent "promises" reasonable so I will not be participating in this one but good luck to Blake.
3. We are in full swing at Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We are learning a lot about managing money and are really enjoying the challenge of being debt free for life. We are 15 days into our "cash only" lifestyle and will use these 40 days to help keep us on track and focused. If we can make it through Lent hopefully it will be a new lifestyle that comes easily! (Note: you are dealing with 2 people who before this class NEVER and I say NEVER had cash; we were plastic people so this is quite a challenge)!!!

Whatever you chose to give up this year, I hope you are successful! I know first hand what a challenge it can sometimes be (I gave up caffeine last year but am proud to say that I have stayed caffeine free)!!!!

Good Luck to everyone and Happy Lent!!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment