Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rattlesnake Round-up

So Blake and I went to the 56th Annual Rattlesnake Roundup this weekend in Sweetwater.
It was a first for me (and probably a last) but I am glad we went.

Here is a rattlesnake up close:

Look at those fangs!!!
Getting the snake mad so he can "milk" it:
Milking the snake:
(this is where they drain the venom)

Here they had a skinning booth, GROSS:



We enjoyed the afternoon hanging out with the Green's, who are Sweetwater natives. Dan's brother cooks a bunch of food, many drink beer and everyone just enjoys the weather (which was beautiful)!

Dan and Blake:
Blake and I:
Dan, me and Blake

Apparently, rattlesnakes are everywhere out here in West Texas. People actually hunt them, crazy I know! They have some very interesting vendors and things to purchase as I am sure you can imagine.

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment