Tuesday, September 7, 2010

West Texas

BEG and I headed to Abilene Friday afternoon for the long weekend. His parent's birthdays are next weekend so we went to celebrate those and to hunt dove. I have never been dove hunting before (or hunting at all for that matter) so I was in for a treat.

We got in Friday evening and went to Casa, a Garrett favorite, for supper. I then suggested we go to the Cooper - Westlake game as I have never been to a west Texas friday night highschool football game (but I've seen lots of movies about them.) It was a lot of fun and a great game!
Saturday morning BEG and I woke up at 5:00 and headed to Sweetwater to meet up with Dan and the group we were hunting with. I had never been west of Dallas before meeting BEG and until Saturday had never been west of Abilene. I can honestly say that before Saturday I have never been able to see the engine and caboose of a train at the same time! It is sooooooo flat out there but I will say the sunrise/sunsets are beautiful!


For the morning hunt, I set up my chair and finished reading my book I started in the car on the way to Abilene Friday (it gets rather boring our there if you're not hunting.) The birds were few Saturday morning apparantly due to the thunderstorm they had Thursday night. Oh well, BEG still had fun and really loved being in "the field" again.
First bird of the day!!

We headed back to Abilene for lunch with his folks and to rest for about an hour and then were back on the road to Colorado City for an evening hunt. This time I picked up a 12 pack of Miller Lite and a new book and perched yet again. The boys had a little better luck in the evening so everyone was happy.
Looking for his bird he shot....
Found it, poor bird

After we finsihed up hunting, everyone headed to the Green's house (Dan's parents) in Sweetwater for a bbq. It was a lot of fun. All the guys that had hunted all weekend families (wives and children) were there so it was nice to meet new friends and visit with old ones. It was so nice of the Green's to have everyone to their home.

I couldn't get to sleep fast enough once we got home (I snuck a nap in the car ride back to Abilene). We woke up Sunday morning and headed to church with BEG's folks to meet the new preacher. We then went to the Country Club for brunch and then I headed home with Mary Lou to watch Lifetime movies and rest while BEG and Mike played golf. Once they finished golf, we headed to Buffalo Gap to met Papa and Mary for a birthday supper at Perini's.

Whew! I'm exhausted just from recapping the weekend! We had such a fun time but were ready to get home and sleep in our own bed! We've got a busy 3 days as we are on the rode to New Orleans this weekend to meet up with my college friends for the OleMiss-Tulane game in the Superdome.

Have a great week. Hotty Toddy!


CMG







No comments:

Post a Comment