Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lovin' on the outside

I'm still trying to get used to the blogging world of taking before and after pictures of projects. Whenever we start a project I try to remember to take a before picture but I am failing miserably at that.

We decided a few weeks ago that we needed to side our garage/back of house. The paint was chipping/peeling so bad that it looked awful. We got a quote for scraping and painting it and one for siding it and we went with the siding. While they are siding the garage, Blake has been busy scraping and painting the other "pitches" and window seals around the house (Our house is brick but each side has a wood pitch up top.) They needed far less attention, just a little scrap and a fresh coat of paint so BEG decided to tackle this. What he has done so far looks FABULOUS!

There is/was a double window over the driveway in the back. When the people before us added a bathroom in the room above the garage they didn't bother to put mini blinds up before installing the shower nor shutters over the window after installing the shower so for the last I don't know how many years, all you saw were pipes and the outside of a shower, strange I know and quite the eye sore.

I don't think the people we bought our house from and the Garrett's could ever be friends. The longer we live in our house the more peculiar The Terry's become. Anyway, we had Leonard and his guys actually side over where the window was. It looks SO much better. I really wish I would have taken a before picture so you could really appreciate the importance of the siding job and just how tacky and tasteless the window was before.

They got all the "siding" installed today and they will start painting it tomorrow. In the meantime BEG and I are headed to Abilene for the long weekend to hangout with his family and friends and shoot some birds! This should be interesting as I have never even shot a gun before!! If this tells you anything, I went to Bass Pro and bought the cutest shirt to hunt in and already have my outfit picked out =)


I hope everyone has a fun and safe Labor Day weekend. Until next week.


CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment