Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Around the House

As of last Wednesday I am officially a stay at home housewife. It has been really nice being home all day but it is exhasuting!! Whoever thinks that it is relaxing not having a job outside of the home is sadly mistaken; taking care of the house is a job in itself (and we don't even have kids!!)

There is ALWAYS something that needs to be done around the house (laundry, cooking, vaccuming, yardwork, etc) and there is no excuse anymore for not getting it done. Even the pets are ready for me to get a job outside of the house again. They have never slept so well at night since I've been home all day long keeping them from napping!

We put the house back on the market a few weeks ago so it's nice that when they call for a showing, the house is already spotless and ready to show! No more freaking out and running home on a moments notice to vaccum up dog/cat hair, light candles, etc. It also allows me to take RHETT and George with me so they are not in the way while people look at the house. Hopefully someone will love it like BEG and I do and make an offer. We've got some irons in the fire that we will share with everyone later which will explain why we put the house back on the market but you must be patient!!

I went up to my old alma mater, Loyola, to put my name on the substitute list so I don't go completely insane being home by myself all the time. *It was so weird being back there. I haven't been back since graduation in 2002* This is only my 5th work day of not working and I am finding myself having conversations with RHETT and George b/c they are the only breathing things I come in contact with during the day (besides my sweet husband at lunch!) so getting out of the house a few times a week should be nice.

Please don't see any of this as complaining b/c like I said it is nice to have my days to do with as I please but since I am no longer getting a paycheck it's not like I can fill my days by shopping, etc. I don't sleep in, I have yet to take a nap, there's been no gormet meal for supper, heck I rarely even leave the house but somehow the day just flies by (and it feels like I got nothing done!) RHETT is really enjoying his daily runs (I was good about them before but sometimes they wouldn't happen if BEG and I overslept) and now there is no excuse for not exercising myself or him so hopefully we will both lose a few pounds!?! The house gets a daily vaccum so that's a plus as well!

So there is really nothing else to blog about b/c I haven't done ANYTHING except wash a load of dishes and bake banana bread!!

BEG and I are really looking forward to the next few weeks of doing NOTHING! It is so rare to look at our calendar and see nothing on the books (especially in the fall) but we are not complaining. We are having my folks over to celebrate my Dad's birthday which was last Friday while we were in NOLA on Friday for steaks and dove, yummy. Other than that, we are just watching the Texas-TTech game and hoping that the REBELS win their first SEC game (fingers crossed!)

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment