Monday, September 13, 2010

Re-doing NOLA as grown-ups

BEG and I headed to New Orleans this weekend for the OleMiss-Tulane football game Saturday night in the SuperDome! We met up with my best friends from college (Mandy, Mikki, Ellie and Whitney.) BEG/me and Whitney/Jake stayed with Ellie and had so much fun reminiscing our college days (especially our NOLA college days!) Even though the Rebels are the pits this year it was so fun to hangout with all my friends.

BEG and I can not go through Baton Rouge without stopping to eat at Tusnami. They have the best sushi and the best view hands down. Here we are on the rooftop of the restaurant with the Mighty Mississippi in the background.

We stopped at the airport on the way into NOLA and picked up Whitney and Jake. Once we got to Ellie's house we decided to head down the street to Superior for margaritas (and supper.)

We woke up Saturday morning and headed to the infamous Cafe du Monde for beignets. Ellie was in a kickball tournament so she couldn't join us. (Our photos are a little rough but remember we had Superior margaritas the night before!!)
Jake and Whitney
The game wasn't until 8pm so we got dressed for the day and headed downtown to the Quarter. BEG's favorite dining spot in NOLA is Acme Oyster house (and Jake had heard he needed to eat there) so we headed there for a late lunch. It was delicious as always! After lunch/supper we headed to Bar 12 where the NOLA OleMiss alumni were hosting a pre party. We ran into a few sorority sisters and drank a few toddies before heading to the Dome for the game.

These are the last pics I have b/c
I left my camera at the house so I
wouldn't have to carry it around all day
or loose it!!
Ellie, Whitney and me

Jake was our group photographer, so as soon as I get the "game" pictures from him I will post them! Or if anyone has a group photo (mandy, mikki, ellie, whitney and me) then please email it over.

So much fun girls!

Until next time.....

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment