Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rocky Top

So one of the things on my bucket list is "to attend an Ole Miss game in every stadium in the SEC" and after this weekend I am one stadium closer to scratching it off of my list!!

After much persuasion, my sweet husband agreed to embark on this journey with me so we packed our bags and headed out Friday afternoon. We logged 1,475 miles and 22 hours in the car and we were only gone from Shreveport for 51 hours total!!! Lots of windshield time!!

Thankfully the weather was beautiful because that was about the only pretty thing we saw on Saturday! Tennessee orange is just downright awful to look at, 90K tennessee mountain people singing Rocky Top is just shear torture to the ears and whatever sport the Rebels were playing on Saturday afternoon was horrific to watch. So bad that after spending 11 hours in the car to watch the game, we left during the 3rd quarter!!!

Outside Neyland Stadium

We didn't realize the significance of the Torch Bearer until after this picture
but that is it in the upper right corner!!

In the stadium with the river behind us

The band on their way to the stadium

Empty Stadium

The band forms a hollow T which the players run through onto the field!

The reason this adventure is on my bucket list is b/c I think it is really cool to see the traditions with each school. I am glad we marked UT off of the list but I must say that neither of us were impressed with Knoxville or Neyland Stadium.

Only 3 (well 4) stadiums left: Alabama (which I went to in college but somehow can't remember so we will do it again), South Carolina, Arkansas and "The Swamp" (Flordia).

Next year our away game will be the UK game in Lexington. I went while in college but BEG has never been. Lexington is absolutely beautiful, especially during the fall, and on the years we play Kentucky it's always the first weekend of October which also happens to be Keeneland so......

Hope everyone has a good week!!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment