Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Death Valley

Since are days are numbered in Louisiana, I want BEG to do everything a "real" Louisianaian does, we headed to Baton Rouge for the Ole Miss - LSU game Saturday. Thankfully the game was at 2:30 so we left Saturday morning at 8am and came back after the game getting in about 11pm. It made for a long day but it was worth it to sleep in our own bed!!

BEG and I outside of Tiger Stadium

We had a good time and the game was fantastic (well at least for the Rebels!) Although we didn't come out with a W, we won the game in my book. I could on and on and on but bottomline is, if LSU thinks they deserve a run at the National Championship this year, you must play better than they did Saturday against the worse team in the SEC and damn near the worse team in America this year. The Rebels are definitely having a "rebuilding year", for lake of a better word, and I was more than pleased with our performance Saturday.

I am glad that BEG was finally able to experience Death Valley and an LSU game since that is all you hear about around here. He has heard people talk about LSU football for the last 3 years and finally got to see what it was all about. He wasn't too impressed with much but I will say that the fans were far better than I ever remember but then again we have beat them for the last 3 years and we kept the game so close until the final seconds of the game that they didn't really have a chance to banter us.


We did run into to some friends on the trip which is always fun!

Ann, me, BEG, Trent and Molly
Ellie and I
Wilson, Mandy me and Lauren

We are headed to Oxford this weekend for the Thanksgiving and the Egg Bowl. Hopefully we can get a W but doubtful as State is playing some good football this year.

Happy Rivalry Week!!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment