Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Nursery is Complete!!

We were SO excited to get all of the baby's bedding on Tuesday! 

It is absolutely adorable 
and we can not wait to have a baby in this precious room. 

I know you are probably thinking 
"my goodness, baby isn't due until mid July" 
and you are correct. 
However, Blake leaves in 6 weeks for the entire summer
so we are trying to get everything in place before then. 
That way we will both feel a little more at ease 
in case baby decides to make an earlier than expected arrival. 

We are a little tight on space in this rent house
so the baby's closet is "exposed" shall we say. 
I painted an old fleur-de-lis rack white
and it is being used for "its" hanging clothes.
The green dresser I bought at a Flea Market while living in DC,
is being used for it's gowns, etc.
And because we still did not have enough room,
I purchased some more plastic drawers at Wal-Mart for "overflow". 
The cute Humpty Dumpty and Mother Goose 
were old pillows that Mimi had in her house. 
She was getting rid of them when she moved
so Momma snagged them for me. 
I cut them out, matted them on a coordinating fabric
and painted the frames white. 

The reading nook.  
We bought the rocking glider at a consignment sale in Lubbock
for $50, painted it black and had Alice recover the cushions.
Blake built the bookcase for all of the baby's books, puzzles, etc.
The plates and wall shelf were all in my room when I was a baby
but were brown so we painted it white as well!  
 The left side/adult side of the room.
This room holds all of my clothes and serves as the guest bedroom!
I had Alice make a bed skirt and king shams in a coordinating fabric
and 3 Euro shams and a neck roll to pull everything in the room together. 
 The crib. 
Since we do not know what we are having and won't until it arrives
we went with gender neutral fabrics.
I special ordered the mobile from Etsy.
And once baby comes we will get the remaining initials for the wall. 
Changing area. 
We decided against baskets
because they are expensive and what do you do with them later.
So we went with plastic boxes from Wal-Mart
and had Alice make liners for them. 
Windows. 
We did not want to spend a lot of money on the windows
since we will be moving in May.
I made the valance myself
and had Momma find some coordinating fringe
that I glued to the inside of the white curtains I found
at Bed, Bath and Beyond. 
 Blake getting ready for baby!!! 

We can NOT wait to meet this precious child!!!
We start our birthing classes, infant CPR, road rules classes, etc. 
on Tuesday night that will last for 6 weeks. 

We are getting there!!

Hurry up July! 

2 comments:

  1. Nursery is adorable Catherine and really coming along...can't wait to meet Baby Garrett!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love your pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete