Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nursery - A Work In Progress

So we've been working on some random 
odd and end things for the nursery.  

All of the things we either previously owned 
or were used in my room when I was growing up.  

First up, 
an estate sale lamp I've had since college. 

I painted the wood white 
and recovered the old fabric with a new, trendy look. 

Then I covered the lampshade 
and put the same trim on the shade as what's on the drapes. 

I did not like the classic look and trendy look together, 
so I re-covered the base in the nursery rhyme fabric as well. 
Picture below.

These 2 pieces were once pillows 
that Mimi graciously gave to me when she was moving. 
I cut them out and framed them. 
I LOVED the way they turned out! 

Finished area

The below nook was in my room growing up.
All it needed was some fresh white paint, a new battery for the clock
and a homemade book shelf from the dad-to-be! 

Milly bought and sent us this sweet bassinet

I can't find an adequate picture 
but the curtains that were in the guest room before were fine 
but weren't going to cut it in the nursery. 
So we headed out to find some plain and simple white ones. 
Bed, Beth and Beyond $30 each 
 I then had Milly hunt me down some trim 
that blended with my fabric and attached it to the inside of the curtains. 
40% off at Fabulous Fabrics!
 It still looked a little drab
so I made, yes, I made
a valance. 
Looks so much better! 
And again...
hard to see with the daylight coming in

 This is all for now...



No comments:

Post a Comment