Saturday, January 26, 2013

Austin - Baby Kate's Baptism

We headed down to the Austin area last weekend
for one of my best friends, Virginia's daughters baptism.  

We left Thursday early afternoon 
and went straight to the Gristmill to meet 
Lauren/Patrick and Alice/boyfriend. 
Lauren, me, Alice
We had such a fun night catching up 
and of course the food NEVER disappoints, either. 
Unbelievable onion rings 
 We got to Virginia's late Thursday night 
and In stayed up "gossiping" with Virginia, her sweet Momma and Mer. 

Our wake up call every morning, Oscar!
 My precious godchild, Kate

Friday afternoon, 
we headed out to former Shreveporter
Sarah Haynie's new restaurant. 
Delicious! 
 We ate in Friday night 
and really enjoyed the low key night visiting with great friends.  

Sweet Oscar was so exhausted from all the activity...
  
We woke up Saturday morning 
and went and met up with some other friends. 

I dropped Blake off to meet up with his Abilene friend, Andrew Andress
and I went to meet up with my old college roommate, Whitney Cross. 
It was great to see and catch up with them both, 
however we of course did not take a picture with either =( 

We got back late Saturday afternoon 
to these precious 2...
Kate
Marion Cass 
Virginia and Keith ordered Mexican food that we picked up 
and ate at home Saturday night. 

We started preparing the flowers, food, etc 
for the party the next day 
and stayed up entirely too late chatting 
but it was SO worth it.  

Sunday, 
we got up and headed to church for the big moment! 
I, of course, took NO photos on Sunday 
but Mrs. K did,
 so I'll have to snag one from her one day. 

It was a great, much needed weekend with a dear friend 
and her sweet family that I do not get to see often enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment