Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lauren and Patricks Wedding in NOLA

Blake and I caught the red-eye out of Vernal 
Thursday morning August 9
in route to NOLA. 
Catching the red eye meant a 4:30am wake up call
but I didn't care, 
we were escaping Vernal for the weekend!!

We got to New Orleans at 1:30 
and were ready to hit the town 
and not waste one precious minute.  

After our $41 cab ride to the hotel
all I wanted for lunch was some yummy sushi.
So after a $13 cab ride 
(it was raining or else we'd have taken the street car)
(in which my debit card kept being declined..turns out it was her machine)
we finally arrive at Kyoto 
(starving b/c we hadn't eaten since leaving Vernal) 
we pull on the door only to then see the sign 
"lunch 11-2:30, supper 5-10:30" 
it was 3:15! 

I refused at this point to pay for another cab 
since we had already been out $54 on cabs 
and had done absolutely nothing!! 

I think about what's close and remember passing Superior in the cab 
so we take off walking the 1 mile in the rain; 
it was a real pleasure as I'm sure you can imagine. 

We finally get to Superior 
and I have a huge blister on the ball of my right foot
(I was wearing my Bernardos..not walking shoes) 
and am freezing and wet. 

My folks call b/c they are pulling in to town 
and I ask them to come pick us up, 
as again I'm boycotting cabs at this point. 

The only reason I didn't lose my cool 
is b/c Jacques Imos was on the schedule for supper 
and that place will make the devils heart happy. 

My folks pick us up 
and we head back to the hotel to freshen up 
and rest for a little bit. 

My cousin Jimmy
and his wife Heidi 
were planning to met us at Jacques Imos.  
On the way there, 
Blake comments on Milly's (mom's) car pulling extremley bad to the right. 
About the time he says something, 
all the lights, etc start flashing 
"low tire pressure". 
Dad jumps out to see a completely flat right front tire, 
REALLY!?!?! 


As we are limping back to the hotel 
with the plan to jump in a cab and make it to supper, 
my cousin calls and says that they just got to the restaurant 
and there's a sign on the door 
"closed for vacation", 
REALLY!?!?! 

We finally end up at some random restaurant behind the hotel.
It was good but no Jacques Imos. 

I was more than ready for a drink at this point,
as I'm sure you can imagine,
so we scooted down Bourbon to Pat O's to meet up with everyone.

me, Sean, Milly, Ice and Blake 
I was so bent out of shape with the days transgressions
I had entirely too many Hurricanes 
and found myself in bed all day Friday recovering. 

I drug myself out of bed at 3pm 
to start getting ready for the rehearsal which started at 4. 
I had sent Blake with Ice and Milly (mom&dad) 
to the WWII museum so I could "rest" and recover. 
I go to put my dress on and realize it is entirely too short
(turns out I bought a tunic, not a dress) 
so in good bridesmaid fashion, 
I show up in Lauren's room asking to borrow a dress...
bride's worst nightmare!! 

So here were are at the rehearsal dinner
I look like hell but still felt like it at this point
 Saturday, 
the besties minus Whitney, 
came over for a day of fun. 
Mikki, Ellie, me, Mandy
We lunched at Acme Oyster house
and then wandered around 
looking at cute shops and people watching. 


It was SO much fun to see them 
and catch up!!! 
It's been entirely too long. 

I had to be at the Monteleone 
for my hair and make up at 2pm. 
It was so much fun to get all done up!! 
fake eyelashes 
hair do
The wedding was beautiful 
and I really enjoyed catching up with some high school friends. 
me, Ice, Josie and Leslie
mini high school reunion 
Alice, Claire, Allison, Elizabeth, me, Leslie and Josie  
We closed the weekend out 
with a stop at Cafe du Monde; 
whats a trip to NOLA without that!! 

We headed to the airport around lunch 
and made it back to Vernal in time to load up the car 
and head back home!! 

We had a great time 
and congrats to the precious bride & groom!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment