Monday, March 5, 2012

Boot Camp

I have come to terms with the fact that
I will NOT work out on my own.
(I grew up playing sports,
not in a gym running on treadmills and lifting weights.)

I mean,
I'll go for a walk
or on real good day run on the treadmill.
But as for a real workout,
not going to happen without someone pushing me.

So,
I signed up for boot camp at my gym.

I started going to this gym in January
and have really enjoyed.

Mainly because
there is no treadmill or elliptical in the entire building!
It's all about classes.
And they offer a ton.

My personal favorites
are shred, zumba and piloxing.

I caught wind that they were doing a
Spring Break Boot Camp
and just knew I had to sign up.

I've got a few weddings this spring
and need to get this body in presentable shape!

We are week 1 into boot camp
and it has been an extremely humbling experience,
I must say.
(i'm beginning to see why they always cry on the Biggest Loser...
this stuff is tough when you aren't in shape!)

The first night,
we weighed and got measurements,
yikes,
filled out some questionaires
and just talked the basics.

But Tuesday night,
we were all in
and it was tough!

For someone who "thought" they were in shape,
I was dead wrong.

We have homework everyday that consists
of different exercises we must compelte
on top of our weekly boot camp
which meets
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

We are also expected to keep a food log
(if you haven't ever done this it is quite an eye opening experience
and to be frank,
disgusting,
but much needed to really do well!)
and attend any Studio 57 class
(or workout on our own)
5 out of 7 days a week.

It's intense
but I think the reward will be well worth it.

We will do another measurement
and weigh in at week 3 to chart our progress
and again at week 6 when we finsih.

I've been doing excellent so far
but then again it's only the beginning.

Wish me luck!
cmg

1 comment: