Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Golden Birthday

Yesterday was my "golden" birthday.
I turned 28 on the 28th.
It was just another day
but I soaked in all the love without complaint!

We celebrated our birthdays this year
with about as much enthusiasm
as we did Valentine's Day,
which is not much!

I had a wonderful day
full of some of my favorite things!!
Blake got me a sweet card,
balloon,
a delicious Great American Cookie Company Cake with chocolate icing only
and some Barbasol shaving cream!!!
(the shaving cream is b/c that's all I used before we got married when he started making fun of me for using mens shaving cream....so I stopped using it;
I guess he felt bad but I just LOVE the way it smells!)

One of my Lubbock friends invited me to lunch.
It was so nice of her to think of me and to visit with those girls.

I loved hearing from all of my friends
that I do not get to talk to often enough.
I love nothing more than catching up with old friends!

I had my 2nd day of bootcamp
which is not the best way to spend your birthday.
However, it was nice to eat the cookie cake without guilt
because I knew I would work it off!

After Blake got out of class,
we went to Cardinals to look for some new tennis shoes for me,
to no avail.
(the search will continue today)

And we topped the night off
with supper at .........
Jason's Deli
(told you we were super romantic!)

It was delicious.
It was the only place I could think of
where I could get everything I wanted for a reasonable price.

It was very relaxed,
delicious
and enjoyed!

So until next year!

Thanks for all the birthday love.
It was so great to hear from everybody.

cmg

No comments:

Post a Comment