Monday, November 21, 2011

Days 14-20 of 30

Last week was absolute madness,
good madness
but madness none the less
hence why I am a solid week behind on my thankful post!

I was this year's
Arrangements Chairman
for Holiday Happening
here in Lubbock.

Holiday Happening is the
Junior League of Lubbocks
big fundraiser for Food2Kids.

Food2Kids
is a program that feeds over 900+ children
who would otherwise
go hungry over the weekend.

So in an attempt to catch up on my "thankful" post:

Day 14: I am thankful for the women of the JL Lubbock
who graciously volunteer their time and service
for the betterment of the community

Day 15: I am thankful for new friendships.
I got to know so many wonderful women
this last week and am just so thankful for girlfriends.

Day 16: I am thankful for patience.
Some lack patience
but thankfully the Lord gave me lots
and for that I am extremley grateful.

Day 17: I am thankful for music.
It is so refreshing and good for the soul.

Day 18: And because I am thankful for music
I guess I must first be thankful for my hearing!
I am reminded constantly about the simple things we take
foregranted and expect that are nothing short of a blessing
and something we need to know are not guaranteed tomorrow.

Day 19: I am thankful for decorations.
This time of year I decorate everything;
my poor husband, drives him nuts
but it makes me so so happy!

Day 20: I am thankful for my bed.
After 8 14 hour days of Holiday Happening
I had never been so happy to see my bed!

Hope everyone had a wonderful week!!

CMG


No comments:

Post a Comment