Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 29 of 30

Today,
I am thankful for Nonna.

There is not one day of my life
that this lady has not been a part of.
She was there when Momma went into labor with me
and she was there when I came home from the hospital.
She listened to more highschool girl drama
then I'm sure she cared to hear,
she saw me off to college,
she cried when "the baby" got engaged,
she was on the second row when I got married!

Nonna has been with my family
2 weeks before my sister was born,
which will be 31 years
this February!

Doesn't matter how old I am,
whenever I have a question,
how to get a stain out of a shirt,
what's the difference between a sweet potato and a yam,
I call Nonna because
she ALWAYS knows the answer
(and it's a good excuse to call and talk to her!)

Nonna has gone full circle with our family.
She gave Rebecca her first bath
and probably would have done the same with Murphy
had Rebecca lived in Shreveport.

I don't know where my family would be without her.
She is a part of us
and always will be.

I love you, Nonna.

Catherine Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment