Monday, October 17, 2011

Hotty Toddy

We literally might not ever win another game
but we sure do have fun!

I met the family over in Oxford for the weekend
for the Alabama-OleMiss game
and boy did we have a good time!

Sweet Blake had to stay in Lubbock and study
as he has another round of test this week and next,
boo!

I wasn't scheduled to go at all this season
so after some last minute juggling
(I sold all of my season tickets)
I booked a flight with some Lubbock friends (and OleMiss alumni),
Hilary and Marc Majors,
to Memphis.

They had already arranged for a ride from the Memphis airport
so I just jumped in.
I had Milly and Gilbo upgrade their hotel room to a King Suite
so I could sleep on the pull out sofa.
I had Milly locate me a football ticket
since I had previously sold all of mine.
And because we all need to see good friends every once in awhile,
I invited Mandy to come and stay with me!!


Since I won't be returning until next year,
we crammed as much in as possible.

A quick trip to Tupelo, a lap around the square complete with lunch at Ajax's,
supper at Old Taylor Grocery, a FULL day in the Grove, too many toddies resulting in a slight college hangover, 2 trips to Abner's and lunch at Proud Larry's.
Whew,
I'm exhausted recapping it all!!
(And grossed out by how much I ate!!)

Oh,
we also took a lap around the newly remodeled Kappa house.
It looks SO different
but is just beautiful.
The updates are so nice;
it's like we lived in concentration camps while there!


And for some reason
we even decided to go to the game.
I atleast got to witness one of the few touchdowns
we have scored in the last couple of seasons!!

It was a fantastic weekend
but I am most definitely paying for it today.

I miss college,
and Oxford,
so so much
but am so glad to be back home with my sweet little family.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

CMG

1 comment: