Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthdays

It was a BIG birthday weekend in the Garrett house this weekend. Rhett's 3rd birthday was Saturday (26th), Blake's 30th birthday was Sunday (27th) and my 27th birthday is today (28th).
Unfortunately, we had to leave the birthday boy on his 3rd birthday.....but hopefully he won't remember!!! Our neighbors/landlords were gracious enough to watch Rhett and George and did not let Rhett's birthday go uncelebrated. They brought their puppy, Waffles, over for a little birthday party!

We spent the day before Blake's birthday with a bunch of his closest friends in Dallas for a wedding of a good friend. It was so great to see so many of the guys that were in our wedding. It's hard to believe it's been almost 9 months!!! I think being able to hangout with his friends for the weekend made the 6 hour drive back to Lubbock on his actual birthday a little less painful!

I have the absolute BEST husband around but you all already knew that. He went above and beyond (and surprisingly completely surprised me) with this year's birthday present. He has a memory like an elephant and remembers EVERYTHING I say, even in passing (told you he was the best!!) When we were in Jackson Hole I found some skis I liked and he remembered the brand, size, etc and called and ordered them for me! I was so puzzled when he gave me a long, narrow box to open but was SO excited when I got the paper off and saw the return address label on the box!!!

Thanks to everyone for the sweet comments and well wishes for our birthdays! We (all 3 of us) had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed every minute we spent with each other and our friends!

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment