Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Door Shade

So my first sewing project was to make a cover for our side door. The west sun comes through and makes it about 15 degrees hotter and the privacy was non existent. I made a little something that I thought would work but it won't seem to stay in the brackets on the bottom. Every time the door opens it swings out and looks bad. I looked at some different sites online yesterday and found something that might work out a bit better; a roll up shade. Here is what the door looks like currently:


So with a "roll up shade" you sew ribbon or some form of tying mechanism a couple of inches off the top on both the front and the back sides. I am going to try to find a cute ice blue ribbon to match my fabric. You then tie the ribbon in bows or knots at the bottom when you would like the shade up and untie them and let them hang when you want the shades down! Sounds pretty easy. The "look" is going to be much less "tailored" but I think it will be way more efficient for as much as we use the side door.

I am hoping to do this project this evening while BEG is golfing (in the 100 degree heat...he's nuts!) I will post pictures once it's up.

Happy Tuesday!
CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment