Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blah

We are having a hard time shaking whatever it was that made me and BEG so sick a few weeks ago. Both of us feel just blah all the time and can't seem to feel better. I feel certain that the 100 + degrees each day isn't helping.

Speaking of 100+ heat, when we got home last night it was SOOOO hot on our side of the house (we have 2 units.) BEG was just dying, I on the other hand was rather comfortable but I must admit when you are a slightly cooler outside (and it's 90 degrees) then you have a problem!! We slept with a box fan on us and the thermostat reading 83! BEG called the AC people this morning and a guy came out at lunch. Luckily it was just the capasiter(???) and not too expensive to fix. I like warmer weather but these temps are killing even me. I am so ready for fall and cooler temps (and of course football!!)

And while we are on the topic of cooler temps, BEG and I booked our flights yesterday for our ski trip to Jackson Hole, WY. I am going to freeze my butt off but I am really looking forward to the trip. A couple of years ago when BEG went to JH in December he said it was -13 degrees, he of course told me this AFTER I booked the flights!! Cold or not I am really excited (and BEG is beside himself since skiing got replaced with wedding planning last year!)

We spent our weekend hanging out with friends and doing odd and end projects around the house. The painter we use has been so busy lately that we decided to tackle the archway ourselves. I must say we did a pretty good job but then again painting isn't hard just extremely boring! However, nothing seems to be boring around here anymore with 2 dogs and a cat. Here is a picture of the archway complete! We love it!!
I was working on my Ole Miss wreath the other night painting the letters and George somehow got into the red paint. BEG kind of freaked out when he got home b/c he thought George's ear was bleeding! If anyone has any suggestions of how to remove red paint from your cats ear please advise! Never a dull moment, seriously! Here are some before and after photos of my wreath making. I needs a few more things to complete it but you get the idea!


On the topic of ticket buying, I purchased our tickets for our first Ole Miss football game of the season today as well. We are meeting all of my friends from college in NOLA for the Tulane/Ole Miss game. It is sure to be a good time and I am really excited to see everyone!! We can just never get together too often!

Hotty Toddy!! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment