Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From I Do's to Honey Do's

Since Blake quit the bank and is back doing landwork, we decided that Shreveport is the place to be at the current time so we have taken the house off the market and will enjoy Shreveport while we are here! The house has been off the market now for about a week and we have already started on our "to do" list around the house.

The first task at hand was to put a hood in the kitchen over the range (somehow the previous owners got away with not having one in and Blake and I nor the inspector picked up on the fact that there wasn't one!) I found one that I loved at a store in Shreveport but it was sooo expensive so I googled the model # and info and found one almost identical for half the price online!! It arrived on our door within days and they began installing it yesterday! They should finish today and we can finally cook something without being constantly remin
ded of what was cooked for the next week (bacon was the worst!!) Here is a before picture...........................



And after..............


Ahhh, much better!! There are a few more things to be done in the kitchen but the main thing has been checked off of the do list (finally!!)


Blake and our friend, Paxton, are starting on our 2nd project which is to cover part of the back deck. I am about as excited about this as I am the hood finally being up!! We have a beautiful 2 level back deck but no part of it is covered so I am thrilled for a few things namely
a) I will finally be able to enjoy my hammock (it is extremely hot to sit outside right now with no shade)
b) I love to watch it rain while sitting outside but I would get all wet if I attempted to do that now
c) the dogs continually get soaked when it rains b/c there is no where dry for them to go

I will keep you posted on their progress but here is what the back currently looks like



We hope to get a lot done this weekend so I will post with our progress on Monday! Have a great weekend!!


CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment