Friday, June 25, 2010

From I Do's to Honey Do's Part III

My first sewing lesson was a GREAT success. Tayrn showed me how to sew using the fabric I purchased for the backdoor (so technically she sewed the door panel!) It looks fantastic and dropped the temperature in the room by about 20 degrees it seems! (it's also nice not being able to have people walking by see straight into our sunroom and laundry room!)



In about 2 hours I learned how to officially sew on my own and made my first valance for our bathroom window (if you look closely enough you can see that I need to work on straight lines but not bad for the first time!) I am going to work on the
valances for the sunroom windows this next week and hopefully have them up soon! It is amazing how different a room looks with a little color and fabric at the top of the window!!

BEG and I have been discussing busting out our pantry wall which connects to the office currently and making it a den off of the kitchen. This is obviously something that we could not take on ourselves so we had our friend Paxton's dad, who is a contractor, come and look at it last week to see how involved it would be and to give us a quote. He came over last Wednesday alone, brought his partner and the electrician back last Thursday, called with a quote this morning and will start Monday at 7am!! I am really excited about this project!! It will allow our house to flow so much better than before. I won't feel so isolated while in the kitchen cooking and I'm excited about having a formal living room AND a den!!! He said it should only take a week.......

I'll post pictures next week!

Here's to never ending home projects! Happy Friday!


CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment