Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And we.......lost

Well we did not win the Croquet Classic this year but we did have a really good time, eventually! We found ourselves getting very competitive towards the end of game 2. I started the morning off with an incredibly terrible attitude but I had a very valid excuse. First off, it was 8 am on a Saturday morning! That is enough to put anyone in a bad mood. Secondly, it was raining. I texted the person in charge of the event thinking it would be cancelled for sure but she enthusiasticly responded "it's on, just be sure to bring an extra pair of shoes!" Really. When we got there at 8:50, about 20 minutes late, the rain was still lightly coming down, the wind was blowing and the ground was drenched. I told Blake "we are going to lose and then lose again so that I can go and get back in bed." I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere. Blake on the other hand is up for the day once he is up so he had no interest in purposefully losing to then having nothing to do the rest of the day. We ended up throwing our first game thinking it would put us in the losers bracket and then we could start playing for real and beat everyone. Well our plan backfired and we were eliminated by old women in game 3!!! There is nothing worse than waking up early on a Saturday morning to play a game I've played twice in my whole life and being eliminated by 2 people my mother's age! Oh well, there is always next year!! *They have a fabulous silent auction at the luncheon after the tournament and I got a great picture to go above our bed so everyone won at the end of the day!!*

Sunday the weather was fantastic for the airshow. We went to early church and then went to watch the airplanes about 11:30. I love being outside when the weather is beautiful so I was so glad that we had plans that required us to be outdoors all day Sunday. Blake and I are frantically trying to work on our tans before the wedding and were quite successful in doing that on Sunday. Rhett went over to his Grammy and Grampy's house to play with his "Aunt Cotton" while we were at the airshow. They always have so much fun together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment