Sunday, May 6, 2012

Seersucker and Sombreros

I am confident that had Cinco de Mayo not fallen on a Saturday 
that the majority of the population out here in West Texas 
would have taken the day off from work to celebrate. 

Blake and I were so excited for the Derby yesterday 
that I quite frankly forgot about Cinco de Mayo
but I'm about the only one out here! 

Both of our horses lost
but we really didn't expect to win, 
we never do!

I was pretty disappointed in my pick, 
Urban Rags.
Blake's choice, 
Bodemeister
almost pulled out the win
but shoulda, coulda, woulda........

I honor of my southern roots
and Blake's mexican ones, ha
(just kidding)
Blake's west Texas ones
one of dressed for the Derby 
while the other for Cinco de Mayo. 

Had we not have been going to the end of the year SPE party at a bar, 
he would have been a more appropriately dressed
(ie. button down and a bow tie)
but the seersucker, white sperrys and light pink polo proved to work just fine. 
And I of course,
 was in my mexican uniform straight off the streets of Matzalan. 

We did stop by Abuelo's for a 
Cervezarita
(margarita with an upside down Corona in it) 
to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. 
(I took a picture but can't get it to upload from my phone....)

Our attire
Just a little keepsake photo

Rachel, Lacey and I 

We had a great night visiting with friends; 
some who are graduating next week :( 
while others who are on this journey a bit longer with us, 
thank goodness!
We definitely couldn't make this journey alone!! 

Like the old saying goes, 
misery loves company, 
right!?!?! 

cmg

No comments:

Post a Comment