Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jethro and Atticus

We got Jethro and Atticus last Sunday.
It took them a couple of days to get accustomed to their new surroundings
but they were really beginning to get comfortable.

Atticus (right) Jethro (left)

It has been a full time job keeping RHETT and george henry away from the coop
and last night I failed...
miserably.

RHETT was wimpering to go outside while we were eating supper so I let him out.
I forgot he was out there!
I opened the door and started calling for him
but couldn't see to find him anywhere.
And then I spotted his big bushy tail
IN THE COOP.

I was heartbroken.
Jethro and Atticus were dead.
BEG was so sad.
george henry was clueless.


I feel like the worst mom in the world.
I asked for these birds
and I didn't keep them safe.

Their nice little "safe" retreat we built them
ended up being their death chamber
and I am so sad.

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment