Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 10-12 Weekend

This past weekend I headed to Memphis, TN for my cousin Jimmy's wedding.
Sadly, I have ZERO pictures...
I stole all the ones you will see on the blog from others.

The whole family stayed at the famous Peabody hotel in downtown Memphis
and had so much fun all being together as always!
The Peabody is famous for their ducks
so we were definitely in attendance for the duck march Friday evening.

It was quite comical,
even Murphy thought so! =)
On their way from the lobby to the duck palace for the night
Down the red carpet from the fountain to the elevator
The rehearsal dinner was at Itta Beana's on Beale Street and was delicious.
After the rehearsal dinner we headed back to the Peabody
where Aunt Kelly and Uncle Andy hosted a "Fondue and Friends" party.
It was great to have additional time to visit with everyone.

Saturday morning we woke up SUPER early.
We wandered around the hotel
and then daddy and I decided to go to Beale Street for some cold beer.
We surveyed the scene from the night before
but didn't find anything too interesting
so we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding
which started at 1:30.

We made it to the church just in time for the wedding to start.
It was beautiful weather
and just an all around lovely day for a wedding!

We headed to the reception
where we enjoyed dancing to the band from Atlanta
until we headed back to the Peabody around 8.

After hanging around in the lobby for awhile
a group of us decided we needed to eat supper before we turned in.
We headed to Huey's, a Memphis favorite, for some grub
I really through the little hostess for a loop when at 9:45 at night she asked
"how many" to which I replied "15".
She looked a bit surprised and walked away only for another lady to walk by
and ask "how many" to which I then replied "20".
She said "if there's 20 why did you tell the other girl 15.
I said b/c as we are standing here waiting for a table more people keep showing up."
I informed her there were 50 family members total
and if they didn't hurry up and seat us they were liable to all show up!!
We were seated almost immediatley after that, ha!!
And sure enough 5 trickled in right after we sat down =)

Sunday morning the majority of us woke up and hit the road to Tupelo, MS.
Since all the family was intown and close to Tupelo (an hour and 45 mins.)
Rebecca and Tom decided to have Murphy's baptism.

Here we all are:
Told you dad's side of the family was HUGE!

After church, they had everyone over for brunch
and then everyone hit the road home
or back to Memphis to catch flights that evening.

Monnie, M, Momma, Daddy, Grandmother and I stayed n Tupleo until Monday.
It was nice to be able to play with Murphy after everyone else left.
Momma is in Tupelo all week babysitting Murphy
while Rebecca takes a class in Oxford
so Daddy loaded up the Lincoln and drove me, M, Monnie and Grandmother towards Shreveport Monday morning.

They dropped me off at the airport in Jackson
to fly back home to these in Lubbock.

I think my boys missed me while I was gone
(or atleast Blake and RHETT did...
george wasn't to interested in seeing me, ha!)

It's always sad to get back to reality
after a wonderful weekend with family you don't get to see too often.
We talked about getting together every year from here on out, or atleast trying too,
so that gives me something to look forward too!!

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment