Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

BEG and I packed up the car and headed to Abilene for Christmas this year. I was so sad to not be spending Christmas with my family but BEG had to do the same thing last year; oh the compromises of marriage!! I will say, we had a wonderful, relaxing time and I was able to experience a first.....making a gingerbread house!

The Garrett's used to hand make gingerbread houses when they were growing up and they taught me the ropes this past week. It was so much fun but A LOT of work. Here are our step by step pics. I must say it turned out pretty good considering it was my first one ever!! (I did have lots of help though =) ML baked the gingerbread earlier in the day and cut the pieces out so we only had to put it together and decorate it.

Putting the house together
Ready to decorate
Outlining with icing
The roof
Almost finished
All finished
Ta Da
The gingerbread house was an all day project but I am so glad we did it. I only busted 3 bags trying to put the icing on (it's VERY hard) and my hand was aching for a couple of days after but I can't wait to do it again in 2 years when we are back in Abilene for Christmas!!

We had a great time visiting with Blake's family and catching up with everyone. We got some great loot and are so thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family!

We are headed to Shreveport this weekend to spend Christmas with my family, pack up the house, grab the pets and head back West!! (I'll update later on our current whereabouts!)

Hope everyone has a blessed and safe New Years!

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment