Monday, October 4, 2010

Flight Risk

BEG and I left RHETT at my parent's house this weekend with their 2 dogs while we all went to Oxford for the game. My dad's brother, Uncle Andy, was watching and feeding them for us while we were gone. He went over on Saturday evening to give them fresh food and water and to make sure everyone was doing alright but when he returned on Sunday morning RHETT was gone. Turns out RHETT had dug a hole underneath the fence behind the garage and was on a mission to go home.


BEG and I got up and going Sunday morning and headed back to Shreveport. I commented to BEG how strange it was that my parents kept calling about every 45 mins to an hour asking where we were (we left about 4 hours ahead of them.) Turns out my uncle had called them and said that RHETT was gone!! They didn't want to tell me while we were hours away as there was nothing I could do about it while in the car but they were also curious to see if I told them that someone had called me on my cell since it is sewn into his collar and told me that they had RHETT. Dad finally broke the news to me as we passed into Bossier Parish. My heart sank into the bottom of my stomach. Where could he be?? RHETT has never run away. Whenever he gets out, he makes a lap around the neighborhood and then he waits at the door/gate to be let back in. Well this time he was no where to be found. My heart just broke. BEG hit the streets in my parents neighborhood knocking on doors asking if anyone had seen him. I, in the meantime, went to our house to see if by chance he was there (I wasn't holding my breath as we live 3 miles from my parents and he would have no way to know how to get home) but low and behold there he was sound asleep in the front yard!!!!!! I just starting crying when I saw him. He was very confused when I called his name and ran over to him. I wish he could talk so he could tell me about his journey home but I am just so glad he made it!

He was cashed last night and bless his heart he had a few nightmares but I think overall he slept pretty well. I took him to the Doggy Spa this morning for a bath and a little R&R. We are SO glad he made it home safe and sound.

CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment